Saturday, June 15, 2019

Wuss? Pussy? Or Idiot??

The AOSHQ is a resource for those who need a good laugh.

Dear Amy: This week, I discovered that my intelligent, hard-working, responsible 24-year-old daughter (who lives with me) is a gun owner! And it’s not a normal gun, either — it is a 40-caliber semi-automatic, and she has hollow-point bullets to go with it....

... I love my daughter and would be so sad for her to move into a place that she would hardly be able to afford, but now I have to lock my bedroom door at night because I don’t know what she’s going to do....

Dumbfounded Father
On the other hand, tears are more apropos this story.  Does this "father" wear a skirt and heels, too?

4 comments:

Grim said...

Well, she has pretty decent taste. About that age I used to carry a pair of Glock 23s, which are also .40 semi-automatics that I loaded with hollow-points.

Dad29 said...

....but your dad wasn't afraid of you, right?

Grim said...

If he was, he never said so. I'll bet he was, though. I'll bet I terrified him. He probably thought I'd get myself killed any day, working for a detective agency instead of focusing on my studies. And I only got worse: travels to China, the southern Philippines, Iraq and the wars...

That poor man. I pray comfort for his soul, gone these last few years.

Dad29 said...

Well....my Dad terrified me until I hit teen-age, although he never owned a gun. But he terrified me for good; tried to keep me on the straight and narrow. Mostly, he succeeded, and like you, I pray for his soul.