Thursday, July 13, 2006

Morning Sickness? Cut Out the Booze

See, it's just a matter of taking care of baby:

...morning sickness is positively correlated with intake of sugars and sweeteners, stimulants such as caffeine, vegetables, meats, milk and eggs, and negatively related to cereals and pulses.

Morning sickness is usually accompanied by food aversions, most commonly to meats, fish, poultry and eggs - the foods that were more likely to carry harmful microorganisms and parasites before modern refrigeration and food-handling processes. Caffeine drinks and alcohol are also disliked by many pregnant women.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

morning sickness is positively correlated with intake of sugars and sweeteners, stimulants such as caffeine, vegetables, meats, milk and eggs, and negatively related to cereals and pulses.


And so what does that leave us with? Oh, fruit. blah.

You know, it isn't always food that can bring on morning sickness. Sometimes it's things like white cars or the smell of chlorine.

Chocolate is the best thing for morning sickness, the flu, colds, pinched nerves, bad hair days, and even sun burns. It's a cure-all. Kind of like Grandma's "homemade salve".
:)

Shana said...

Funny, though, how one of the things I crave when I'm pregnant is eggs over easy. Still just a bit runny in the middle. I hated eggs before my first pregnancy, now I can't get enough of them, especially when I'm pregnant. I've never noticed much to cause or help morning sickness personally, as long as I don't eat before 10 am. I'd like to see some more of their actual research on that.