Thursday, July 13, 2006

CDC: Docs WILL Screen Everyone for AIDS

"Would you like an AIDS test with that?"

...the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to release... guidelines this summer that would expand HIV screening to all adults in the United States.

If this happens, it means that just about anybody over the age of 13 could be asked by their doctor, "Would you like an HIV test?"

At least 25 percent of Americans infected with HIV are unaware of their status, according to the CDC.

1 comment:

Shana said...

I'm already coerced into having an HIV test done every time I have a baby. Every time I try to decline it, I get this 'look' of 'how could you possibly be so stupid?'. The mere idea that I don't whore myself out to anything with two legs seems foreign to many.