Took the annual 2 days' vacation.
Went to Sheboygan. No, that's not a joke. Forced the chilluns to learn some things about the history of that area, all the way back to the Ice Age.
Factoids of no particular significance:
1) Savage (560 AM, Chicago) comes in fine all the way to Sheboygan. No need to listen to the local yokel after 4:00 PM on weekdays.
2) Sheboygan area was so blessed with German-speaking immigrants that anyone who wanted to do business up there in the Old Days had to learn German. (The Germans were LEGAL immigrants and did not fly the German flag.)
3) Global cooling can be extremely serious. Ask any wooly mammoth or giant beaver (which evidently were as large as black bears.)
4) You can purchase an excellent dinner for 5 for less than $90.00 at a REAL restaurant in Sheboygan.
5) The Sheboygan PD has the State champion pistol marksman on its payroll.
6) There is NO GOOD REASON WHATSOEVER to widen Hy. 164 north of Richfield. None. Zero. Zip. Except if one is owned by the Highway Pavers Consortium and/or has a large tract of land or three bordering the right-of-way.
7) Ever notice the similarity between "getting the railroad here" and "getting 4-lanes, divided here" discussions? Notice that it has a lot to do with more money more money more money?
8) You waste your time looking for better scenery that that which is available within 100 miles of Milwaukee, unless: A) it is the Rockies; or B) you are thinking of feminine pulchritude.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you indulged in swimming in Lake Michigan. The water was beautiful up here in Two Rivers. It was just about bath water warm on Sunday. Not to mention, Kohler-Ander is one of the best, if not the best, state park in Wisconsin. Glad you enjoyed the break!
As far as I'm concerned, swimming is for fishies. So I watched while wife & chilluns splashed around at Kohler-Andrae.
Was delightful and like all good breaks, tiring!
Thanks for the invite.
Post a Comment