Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Vos and LeMahieu Should Read This

DeSantis on barring men from women's sports.

“I think as these bills were going through various legislatures, I remember the NCAA put out a statement saying any state that enacts this, we’re not going to hold events there,” DeSantis said. “And so I called the Speaker of the House in Florida and I said, ‘did you hear what they said?’ And he’s like, ‘yeah,’ I said, we definitely got to get this done.”

“You can’t be cowed by these organizations, or particularly by woke corporations from doing the right thing. And so my view was throughout this whole time, we have to protect our girls, it is discriminatory to force them to compete against biological males,” DeSantis continued. “And so if the price of having a tournament is that I have to deny equal opportunity to hundreds of thousands of young girl and women athletes throughout Florida, I am much more willing to stand with the girls. And to hell with these events.”

There's little doubt that Tommy Thompson has asked Republican "leaders" in the Legislature to slow-walk or perhaps bury the bills protecting Wisconsin women and girls from competing against men and boys--not to mention the usual gaggle of Corporate Twits who cower in fear of 5% (or far, far, less) of the population.

One could speculate, of course, that Vos and LeMahieu are actually in favor of what the bills prohibit, or that the certainty of a veto by the less-than-manly Evers frightens them.

But that would only be speculation, right?

No comments: