Friday, September 15, 2006

The Muslims, the Gays

Here's Dreher on the Moslem scream over Benedict XVI's remarks:

How on earth are we ever supposed to be able to have a dialogue if the non-Muslim side has to walk on eggshells to avoid offending the wounded sensibilities of Muslim leaders, who seem very eager to take the gross offense at anything critical. ... Still, in my dealings with Muslim leaders in Dallas who have been offended by my critical writing, they rarely if ever have dealt with the substance of what I've written; they've gone apoplectic over the fact that I wrote anything critical at all. As if the only reason anyone could have anything critical to say about Islam is out of malicious or bigoted motive.

Substitute "homosexual agenda" for "Islam" in the highlight above...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a 23 year-old Southern California native, so that should put me in the "don't like Dad29 camp", right? Wrong. I really like your blogs. They are passionate, insightful, and... honest. By the way, I'm an orthodox Catholic who has been discovering the beauty of the Latin mass and Chant. "Bring it back, please!" I say, and others my age are discovering this too. Too bad we are having to discover this (basically) on our own. God bless you and your family. -Z

P.I. Mom said...

Dad - This is a topic that has me fuming...I'm working on a rant, myself. It's too bad that we infidels are so civilized - otherwise we may have to behave like muslims every time they call us names, blaspheme the name of God, threaten us and desecrate our temples and churches. And the Pope told the truth.
Yeah, too bad we're so civilized.

Brother James said...

Nothing establishes legitimacy quite like a tantrum, right? At least, that's what my six year-old child thinks.

Dad29 said...

Well, anony, thanks. You've become reader #8, or so, on this blog.

I'm not at all surprised that you have enthusiasm for Latin and Chant; my similarly-aged children have a bit of that, themselves.

About 50% of the attendees at the Old Rite Mass in Milwaukee are under the age of 30.

You're in the upcoming majority!