Wednesday, December 04, 2019

OK, OK, I Confess....

It's British now, but wait a week or two.....it'll be here in the USA.

Catholics are being urged to divulge their ‘eco-sins’ during Confession as Bishops launch a new environmental campaign.

As part of an initiative to ensure that the Catholic Church plays a role in tackling the climate crisis, it is encouraging congregants to go to Confession, or “reconciliation services”. ...
So in a couple of years, here's what I'll have to say, I guess.

"Bless me, Father James, for I have sinned.  For 15 years or so I burned the leaves which fell in my yard.  This means that every year, for 10 or 12 weeks, I would gather the leaves, then burn them, with the fire burning continuously for 2-3 days.

"Even more sinful, I actively participated in campaigning for an ordinance allowing residents of my City to burn leaves, directly opposing the Mayor-ette's decree banning such (sinful) activity.  I suppose I should also be sorry for having used some nasty nouns and adjectives while describing the woman.

"But we have a problem, Father, because I am NOT truly sorry for any of this--except for the name-calling. And since the sin-roster is now rather fluid, I'll wait for a new Pope to "de-list" leaf-burning.

"Please give my best wishes to your spouse Michael and all your adopted children!!"

 

4 comments:

guy mcclung, rockport, texas said...

Sooooooooooooooo Goooooooooooooood! Thank you. Yes, not to worry: https://www.the-american-catholic.com/2019/11/19/carbonis-laetitia/, and
https://www.the-american-catholic.com/2019/09/13/joyful-fruitful-schismatics-whatever-going-to-heaven/

Keep up the fine work - it is now the laity who spread the truth and The Truth.

Guy, Texas

PGMGN said...

100 points for honesty, and feeling guilty for name calling. That's the best any of us can do in this nut factory.

Anonymous said...

Who elected Antonio Guterres Pope?
-MadMagyar

Trg said...

Lol