Friday, January 12, 2018

Take It From the Man Who's Been There....

RenMan has been in Africa--he emigrated from there to the USA--and has a very interesting military and civilian history. 

About S*&^holes:

....allow me to say, I've been in far too many of them for comfort.  They are precisely as described:  s***holes.  They smell of s***.  All too often, the food tastes of s***, and/or is prepared in circumstances so unhygienic I have no doubt whatsoever that it is actually full of s***.  (Ever been in a tribal village where they kill a hog or cow to celebrate your arrival?  I've personally watched as a pig's intestines were taken out of its stomach, stripped of their vile contents by hand into a bucket, without benefit of soap or running water or anything else, and then dumped straight into a cauldron of boiling water to cook.  The instant they were regarded as cooked - not even halfway, I can assure you! - a chunk was hacked off and offered to me.  I had no choice but to eat it, otherwise I would have given enormous offense to those who'd prepared it for me.  Hello, huge prophylactic doses of Ciprofloxacin twice a day for the duration of the trip!)...

The problem is that people from those worlds do NOT integrate well into the US.  

No comments: