We all know that Eddie Flynn is a political animal with aspirations higher than Milwaukee. So when he refers to "paper crimes" like felons-in-possession of guns, he's covering somebody's ass. (His own, and that of the local US Attorney, for you ignorant Lefties.)
Let's look at the "paper crimes" and their sentence guidelines, shall we?
• 10 years—18 U.S.C. § 922(g)—for possession of a
firearm or ammunition by a felon, fugitive, or drug user… And possession
means touching a gun, any gun, handgun, rifle or shotgun. Any firearm
that Dianne Feinstein would ban for us, is already an illegal gun for
• 10 years—18 U.S.C. § 922(j)—for possession of a stolen firearm.
• 10 years—18 U.S.C. § 922(i)—for shipment or transport of a stolen firearm across state lines.
• 10 years—18 U.S.C. § 924(b)—for shipping, transporting or receipt of a firearm across state lines with intent to commit a felony.
• 5 to 30 years consecutive mandatory minimum sentences—18
U.S.C. § 924(a)(1)(A)—for carrying, using, or possessing a firearm in
connection with a federal crime of violence or drug trafficking.
• The death penalty or up to life imprisonment—18 U.S.C. § 924(j)—for committing murder while possessing a firearm in connection with a crime of violence or drug trafficking.
• 15 years mandatory minimum—18 U.S.C. § 924(e)—for a “prohibited person” who has three prior convictions for drug offenses or violent felonies.
• 10 years—18 U.S.C. § 924(g)—for interstate travel to acquire or transfer a firearm to commit crimes.
Nothing to see here. Move along.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Free Citizenship - 20 million illegal aliens illegally entering the US, walking across Mexican boarder with whatever they wish (Eric Holders US supplied automatic guns, drugs, tax free goods, ...)
Post a Comment