Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dog Ate Sen. Miller's Playbook

State Senator (!!) Miller says that his campaign playbook was stolen by furtive GOP operative who watched cloakroom, waiting for Miller to leave it there. He did NOT claim that the GOP operative was hidden inside a coat, or was hiding inside the copying machine from which the document was actually taken.

When I arrive at work at the Capitol daily, I routinely place my coat, hat, and bags in a commonly shared room that includes a coat rack and copy machine. I have reason to believe this binder along with other personal belongings may have been in that room for at least some period of time. This room is accessible to both employees of the Capitol building and the public.

That raises serious questions regarding how these private materials came into the possession of the Republican Party. It is truly disappointing to think someone, possibly a state employee, may have dug through the personal belongings of a State Senator.

Anyone familiar with me knows that I demand high personal integrity from myself and my staff.

Yada, yada, yada.

No comments: