Friday, November 18, 2011

What's "Controversial" About This?

I'm no fan of Gingrich for a variety of reasons.

But Althouse posted this remark of his, using MediaMatters' 'controversial' label:

Discussing actions by individual protesters of Proposition 8, Newt Gingrich stated: "I think there is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us, is prepared to use violence, to use harassment. I think it is prepared to use the government if it can get control of it. I think that it is a very dangerous threat to anybody who believes in traditional religion."

That's the facts, folks.  There's no controversy here at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Replace "gay and secular fascism" with "radical Christian minority" (aka St. Revolution).

Replace "traditional religion" with "rule by the secular majority".

Jim said...

Beat me to it, Anon!