The Archbishop of Milwaukee has issued a notice regarding Pp. Francis' guidelines which are designed to quash the Extraordinary Form (Latin Mass.) This could be called "cautious."
- Much of what is contained in this motu proprio is already in effect in the Archdiocese.
- There is no indication that among those who celebrate Eucharist according to the 1962 Missal locally there is any wholesale denial of the validity and legitimacy of the liturgical reform of Vatican II.
- Celebration of the Eucharist according to the 1962 Missal will continue at St. Stanislaus church, recently acquired by a separate holding corporation. There is no limitation on what days that Mass may be celebrated.
- Celebrations according to the 1962 Missal on occasion in other places will be coordinated by a priest to be appointed by the Archbishop as his delegate.
- Priests who are currently celebrating Eucharist according to the 1962 Missal are simply to notify Archbishop Listecki of their desire to continue doing so and explain the circumstances under which they will celebrate.