Thursday, April 13, 2023

Buffett's Understatement

Warren Buffett nails it, and adds understatement.

...Berkshire Hathaway Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett stated that he’s more concerned about the prospect of Congress messing up the economy by spending more money than he is about monetary policy....

 ...Co-host Becky Quick then cut in to ask, “So, how do we mess it up? Should the Fed keep raising rates? Is inflation at bay? What do you think?”

Buffett answered, “Oh, basically, fiscal policy scares me more than monetary policy.”

He added, “I think it is easier to obtain votes if you give people money....

Yup.

 ...my dad was in Congress. And I got to view how it behaved then, and I don’t think its behavior has improved since 1942 when I first went there and had lunch once with Sam Rayburn...

C'mon, man.  You know that it's a lot worse than back then.  You're only being nice because they have 80 ways from Sunday to ruin you.

No comments: