Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Helpful Advice From the UN

 Yes, that title-line is dripping with sarcasm.

Humans across the world have to “move aggressively” from carbonized building materials, such as concrete, glass, and steel, when building their houses to so-called eco-friendly, regenerative materials to save the planet and combat climate change, suggests a report recently published by the United Nations (UN).

The German government-funded report argues that the world has to stop extracting and producing raw materials as “[t]he built environment sector is by far the largest emitter of greenhouse gases, responsible for at least 37 [percent] of the global emissions.”

Instead, houses should be constructed out of more environmentally friendly, “bio-based” materials, such as bamboo and agricultural and forest detritus, meaning sticks, leaves, mud, and whatever else can be scavenged from the ground. ...

IIRC, the UN building itself has a large dose of glass and iron.  Out of respect for Gaia, the HQ should move to huts.  In Africa.  Or New Zealand.  Or the jungles of Viet Nam.

Live up to their own ideals!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reminded of ancestral research on this very subject. It goes:

"Little pig, little pig, let me come in."
"No, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin."
"Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in."

I recall that plant based materials had substandard results.

Anonymous said...

Good one!

Anonymous said...

LOL! ‘ Best comment I’ve read in ages! Thanks for the laugh! Also, Dad29, you have a great blog! Thank you!