Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Ted Cruz's First Story-Example

Candidate Cruz wants to implement the Flat Tax.  (I prefer the Fair Tax, but he's running....)

Here's a guy that he should meet, so he can tell the story on the stump.

...Our tax code is so complex that people our government deems too poor to buy their own health insurance must fork over nearly a tenth of their income just to comply with it. I cannot be the only one.

If I could reasonably compute my own tax – and it’s a matter of common law, surely, that a typical citizen must reasonably be able to meet all impositions of the state by his own means – I’d willingly pay double my current income tax because of all the money I’d save on compliance
...

He's a Sub-S with income from property and fees.  His tax forms, Fed & State, are well north of 100 pages.

HT:  Grim

No comments: