Thursday, June 09, 2022

The Manchin Double-Talk Do-Si-Do

The Senator from Coal wants to be President, so he does the Double-Talk Do-Si-Do.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) expressed willingness to look at an “assault weapons” ban and noted that he does not see the need for a “high capacity automatic weapon.”

On June 6, 2022, CNN reported Manchin’s support for raising the minimum purchase age to 21 for semiautomatic firearms and that the Senator is open to considering an “assault weapons” ban.

Manchin said, “I never thought I had a need for that type of a high-capacity automatic weapon.”

He added, “I like to shoot, I like to go out and hunt. I like to go out sports shooting. I do all of that. But I’ve never felt I needed something of that magnitude.”...

It's possible that Manchin is as ignorant as a stump, but "automatic" is VERY different from "semi-automatic."  Civilians are allowed to own full-auto rifles in the USA, but obtaining the license is torturous and very expensive.

Far more important:  the Second Amendment has nothing--NOTHING--to do with hunting and sports shooting.  It has EVERYTHING to do with civilian control of an out-of-control Government.  Self-defense is a corollary benefit; it is not the principal purpose of the 2A.

By the way, you'll find pictures of Manchin using an AR with a 30-round magazine at the link.  He refers to magazines as "clips," which is why we think he may be an ignorant poser.

No comments: