Monday, October 25, 2010

Windy Tomorrow? Think "Edmund Fitzgerald Windy"

Gee.

This could be nasty.

Still ranking at No. 1, ahead of the storm coming Tuesday, is the Great Ohio Blizzard of Jan. 25-27, 1978. That storm produced winds that gusted up to more than 100 mph, wind chills of -60, and left snow drifts 20 feet high in some areas, according to published reports.

So tomorrow/Wednesday is #2.

...Fifth on the list is the storm on Nov, 10, 1975, which sank the S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald freighter ship in Lake Superior.

Not a good day to be driving your SmartCar.

4 comments:

Paul - Berry Laker said...

I have the water jugs filled, gas ready for the chain saw and plenty of wood ready for the fire place.

Oh, and one more thing.

Plenty of AMMO in case I need it.

God, keep you safe.

GOR said...

"Not a good day to be driving your SmartCar."

Is any day, Dad...? Every time I see one of those I think 'motorized baby buggy'...

Amy said...

Every time I see one of those I think 'motorized baby buggy'...


Better term: Pregnant roller skate.

Can't take credit for that, though. It's what my dad calls any car smaller than a mini van.

GOR said...

Good one, Amy!

Another contender, soon to be introduced in the US (January 2011, I believe), is the Fiat 500. Like the VW Beetle the Fiat Cinquecento has been around forever in Italy.

However, its advantage there is that two people can move it out of the way in the narrow streets of Rome, Naples or assorted other Italian cities! Just bounce it up and down a few times and then lift...