Monday, November 07, 2005

Stopped Clock Moment

From James Earl Carter, foreign-policy disaster walking:

"I never have felt that any abortion should be committed -- I think each abortion is the result of a series of errors," he told reporters over breakfast at the Ritz-CarltonHotel, while across town Senate Democrats deliberated whether to filibuster the nomination of Judge Samuel A. Alito Jr. because he may share President Bush and Mr. Carter's abhorrence of abortion.

"These things impact other issues on which [Mr. Bush] and I basically agree," the Georgia Democrat said. "

I've never been convinced, if you let me inject my Christianity into it, that Jesus Christ would approve abortion."

Hear!! Hear!!!

3 comments:

M.E. said...

Jimmy Carter: My candidate for worst President, hands down.

Fidei Defensor said...

Lets see Abortion became the law of the land in 1973. Since then, Nixon, Ford, now apparently Carter, The Gipper, Bush I, and Bush II have all claimed to be "pro-life."

The only "pro-choice" president we had was one who said that abortion should be "rare."

Yet we still have something along the lines of 3000 abortions a day in America.

What gives?

Dad29 said...

Scar, I think pistol-whipping would be just fine for those who deserve it. Betty's a substance-abuser; likely incompetent to make good judgments.