Sunday, August 28, 2011

Justice Bradley vs. WI Stat 940.203(2)

Cited at Prof Jacobson, here's the text:

“Whoever intentionally causes bodily harm or threatens to cause bodily harm to the person or family member of any judge under all of the following circumstances is guilty of a Class H felony.” (my emphasis added)

The conditions are:
(a) At the time of the act or threat, the actor knows or should have known that the victim is a judge or a member of his or her family.

(b) The judge is acting in an official capacity at the time of the act or threat or the act or threat is in response to any action taken in an official capacity.
and
(c) There is no consent by the person harmed or threatened.

Where's Izzy when you really need him?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please help me by reading my appeal on my profile

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Lazy-T will weigh in with some wordy non-response of an opinion.