Saturday, June 17, 2006

Dixie Upchicks

Un-frickin'-believable:

"A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every video. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism."

"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," [Natalie] Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism."

Maybe Dixie UpChucks is the right name.

On the other hand, do we know if Alger Hiss had any illegitimate children during the 1970's?

HT: Malkin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dixie Upchucks comments are unworthy.

Dad29 said...

Yah, Al, I go to the MSO concerts despite the fact that 75% of the people on stage (including the Music Director) are raving libs.

And Al, your facts are all out of whack again. The Upchucks are doing very well with the album, but are cancelling concerts left-and-right; seems nobody wants to hear them live.

Awwwww..

Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

Al - I agree that any PR is good PR, but how far is too far? How far can the "UpChucks" take their hatred for our country (it is hatred, BTW, don't try and let yourself be duped that it is anything but)? Fine, you don't like the president, UpChucks, we all know it. But now you are going to rag on MY country? MY country? I don't think so. I am patriotic for a couple of reasons, but my favorite reason had to be the knowledge of what our fore fathers went through to give us the freedom that we have today. "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" That one is running through my mind over and over again as I am contemplating shoving a sharpened pencil in my temple because of idiots like the UpChucks. How is it that you have had every opportunity and then some and live a lifestyle that 99% of the population of the planet will never experience, and then you turn around and rag on the country that all but provided it for you? Blows my friggin' mind!