Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hey, Eugene!! Let's Talk Race!

From Minneapolis Strib:

..."One approached me and got in my face and called me racist because I had the [McCain] pin on. That really ticked me off, but I kind of left it alone because she was so much bigger than I am," said Grossmann. She is 5 feet 2 and weighs 120 pounds, and played boys high school hockey in Alaska. "The girls in the background were just a little bigger than me. They were mocking me from the sidelines.

"I didn't say anything. ... This one [bigger] girl grabbed me by the shoulders and was holding me. After about five minutes, I just wanted to get out of there."

Grossmann, who is white, said she told the women, who were black, "You guys don't even know me. There's no reason to think I'm racist."

At that point, she said, she pushed the bigger one in the group, and "she punched me, and the back of my head hit a brick wall."

The vic happens to be from Alaska and is a hockey player...

No comments: