Friday, November 21, 2008

Cerberus' Offset to Chrysler Losses

This story continues to grow.

"I could sell a hundred ARs an hour, if I had them."

That was the word from the man behind the counter at my local gun shop yesterday afternoon when I stopped in. As if to put an exclaimation point on his claim, two men added their names to an ever-growing waiting list to purchase AR-15 carbines within minutes of my entering the store.

Two months ago, the first two racks of rifles to great you as you entered Fuquay Gun & Gold would be bristling with AR15 carbines, AK-pattern rifles, and a smattering of SKS carbines. Today, those same worn racks are almost bare except for misfits from the Island of Misfit Martial Toys—a pair of Saiga Ak-pattern shotguns, a .22 caliber AR-clone, and a nearly $900 VZ-58 with the ugliest stock I've ever seen


Although Cerberus is likely to lose its collective ass on Chrysler, they are doing just dandy with DPMS and Bushmaster--two domestic AR manufacturers...

Of course, that could change, too.

HT: Confederate Yankee

No comments: