Saturday, April 05, 2008

Girls Behaving....


Lemmeesee, heah, folks.
Girls behaving badly ....roughly......RUGBY!!!
First game of the season for my daughter's team was held last night. Happy to report that my little darling, the Belle of the Ball, made the first tackle of the season for the team, AND scored 2 (count'em, TWO) of the team's three tries--thus, she was responsible for 10 of the team's 16 points.
She doesn't look that tough, either.
Nor have I become comfortable with rugby as a women's endeavor.
But I will brag, nonetheless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does she still have all of her teeth?

Dad29 said...

Actually, the game is much less violent than football, partly because they never really get to "full speed" running, and partially because tackling rules are more restrictive.

But they all wear mouth-guards. No body-padding, no helmets. Just mouth-guards.

Phelony Jones said...

You go, girls!

Anonymous said...

Women have come a long way, Baby!
I�m not sure the direction is up or down.
But, I like it.

The Digital Hairshirt said...

Well you should brag! There is nothing wrong with cheering on your daughter in such a sport. Beats synchronized swimming or figure skating.

Dad29 said...

Umnnnhhh....

The terms "ladylike" and "rugby player" seem to be mutually exclusive, DigiHair..

At least to us who are superannuated Midwesterners.

Reaganite said...

Now, if we figure out where that game was played, we can out Dad!

Dad29 said...

There are about 50 people who know who I am, including some of the Lefties.

They know that I have nothing nefarious in my background--like being an attorney, for example.