Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What to Say to War Protesters

From the Hat:

"There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets on the evils of America . I politely declined to take one.

"An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

"The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, 'Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq ?'

"The old woman looked up at her and said, 'Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam. All three died so you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country. If you touch me again. I'll stick this umbrella up your @ss and open it. ' "

4 comments:

Billiam said...

A lady after me own heart, so she is...

Anonymous said...

Good for that woman! I do the same thing at every opportunity!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is soooo good. I just hope it is true.

Display Name said...

Oh, yes, emails like this are very popular with the older crowd. Forwarding this sort of glurge to their friends consumes about 30% of the Internet bandwidth in this country.

What do the unspecified "evils of America" have to do with Iraqi children?

Who Would Jesus Care For? When he talked about children, did "suffer" mean "lose a leg" or did it mean "allow"?