Saturday, June 04, 2011

Paul Revere DID "Warn the Brits"

Jacobson and I are on the same page--we both thunk that Revere 'warned the Colonials.'

Well, that's not all he did. Here's his own account:

When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared to have the command, examined me, where I came from,& what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he asked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.

Palin 1, MFM 0.

Talk about "OODA-Loop" interference....!!

11 comments:

Display Name said...

I have shown the original Revere text to several as well. To me, the question is whether Palin knew it and meant to say it that way. You think she's a deep thinker with detailed memory of the classics?

Anonymous said...

If she had half a brain, she'd be dangerous. As it is, she's as harmless as the Scarecrow in "Wizard of Oz."

VSO said...

If's she's so dumb and irrelevant, why spend so much time hating her?

ned said...

"You think she's a deep thinker with detailed memory of the classics?"

She is getting tours from professional guides--an intense lesson in these historical events/sites--so, yes, I believe that she was aware of this aspect of Revere's story . . . where he seemingly mocked the British officers about what they would face.

Dad29 said...

Ned, another commenter, "Grim"--who has extensive military experience and is a medieval-history guy--suggests that Revere's announcement of the colonials' presence was actually a 'maneuver' protocol.

The idea was (roughly) to persuade the Brits NOT to engage b/c they would be met by a large force and they (the Brits) would lose the battle.

jimspice said...

As I mentioned elsewhere, I can't WAIT for Palin to attempt the no-i-really-knew-what-I-was-talking-about defense. The "blood oath" sideshow will pale in comparison.

Anonymous said...

Leave it to the Cheddarsphere's version of Beavis and Butthead -- John Foust and Jim Spice -- to weigh in with more speculative bullshit.

Dad29 said...

Well.....at least Spice makes sense more than half the time.

jimspice said...

Well it seems my speculation had some merit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8NUUWTn1h0

I will at the door accepting apologies on your way out. Thank you.

Dad29 said...

Well, she's right--and WAS right in the first place.

So was Grim's speculation on the military tactics involved.

Display Name said...

Listen to Palin explain herself. Tell me if you think she was referring to Revere talking to the British officers.