Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Keep Your Phone

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Voice phone communication and email are still preferred by Americans over social networks, texting and other messaging modes for reaching out to family, friends and co-workers, according to a new survey of 2,300 adults.

Email was the preferred mode (other than in-person communication) for reaching out to friends and colleagues. Meanwhile, voice via phone was the preferred mode for communicating with family members, such as a spouse or significant other, according to the survey.

Facebook seems to be taking a swan-dive, and I think twitter will follow in a few years.

Inflection actually counts.

2 comments:

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

I've noticed much less traffic on Facebook in the last few months. Wondered if it was just me. MySpace is all but dead, can FB be far behind?

Badger Catholic said...

I love email. I keep up on the other socials as little as I find useful.