Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Fr. Neuhaus Ill

He's a genuine good guy, and is the major domo of a highly-regarded national 'think journal.'

And he has cancer.

Here is the “personal note” he posted over at First Things last Friday:

I cannot begin to respond to the deluge of assurances of prayer and concern about my health. Please be assured that I am grateful and count mightily on being remembered by you before the Throne of Grace. Or, as Catholics are wont to say, on your storming the gates of heaven. The nature of the cancer is beginning to come into clearer focus, and I hope to have more details in short order. Meanwhile, I will, please God, continue to be as engaged as possible in the work of First Thingsand other apostolates, even as I am compelled by grace to know more deeply our solidarity within the Body of Christ.

Oremus.

HT: Feddie

No comments: