Friday, February 09, 2007

When GrannyNan Becomes Queen...

Some of you recall that line (slightly adapted) from a musical based on "Peanuts." Lucy's character kept intoning 'When I become Queen...' (which was a prospect more frightening than war, of course...)

Well, Lucy emerged from the cartoon as GrannyNan Pelosi, the wannabe-Queen of the United States of America.

The Washington Times first reported last week on Mrs. Pelosi's request, saying she wanted a larger plane and more passengers than afforded her predecessor, Rep. J. Dennis Hastert, Illinois Republican. The Air Force allotted Mr. Hastert a small, 12-seat commuter jet to ferry him to his Illinois district.

Her comment?

"I don't even like having the security," Mrs. Pelosi said. "I would rather travel on the plane with my friends to get some work done. I like my freedom, but there are certain sacrifices you have to make when you are speaker of the House."

Yup. It's only a 757, not a 747. I don't know how she can STAND the difficulty.

GrannyNan wants a 42-business-class-passenger jet which can non-stop from DC to SFO. Meantime, for "fuel efficiency," YOU can ride a bicycle.

2 comments:

Billiam said...

Yep. The old do as I say, not as I do. Why? Because I know better than you! Now shut up and sit down. No surprise here.

Fr. Erik Richtsteig said...

Shame on you did Dad!

Didn't you know that private airplanes and SUVs are only for the annointed?