Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bachelor Party Done Right

An acquaintance of mine will be assuming the "'til death do us part" position later this year.

I got the early word on a planned Bachelor Party.

It begins at Fletcher's Arms in Waukesha. The plan is to engage a dozen or so men in the sport of target-shooting, using a variety of long- and handguns. It's estimated that the group will go through 500 rounds or so in a couple of hours, despite numerous breaks for doughnuts, coffee, and highly-taxed legal substances (tobacco.)

Next, the party goes.....

But who cares? The best part is described above.

3 comments:

David L Alexander said...

You neglected to mention a dinner of prime rib, followed by cigars and cordials. My God, man, were you raised in a barn???

Dad29 said...

David, that's an expression with which I am very familiar, and at least two of my readers can attest to that....

The dindin/cigars/cordials are not part of my planned itinerary for this particular event, but they are scheduled, to be obtained and ingested in a small town south of here named Chicago.

David L Alexander said...

Indeed. May I recommend Lowry's? Great steaks, smoking of cigars encouraged (at least the last time I was there), all in an opulent setting, without being... well, girly.