Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Winning McCain Trends Catholic

This McCain fellow claims to be a Southern Prot.

Then he writes stuff like this:

Christians believe that marriage is an institution ordained by God, and every marriage is thus blessed. However, in ordaining marriage, God commanded man to "be fruitful and multiply." This commandment has never been repealed or amended, no matter what any Malthusian population-control fanatic tries to tell you.

One trend that has undermined marriage has been the rise of the Contraceptive Culture, which celebrates sterility as the norm and views fertility as a pathology requiring medical prevention.

How many Christians have embraced this false -- dare I say, evil -- worldview? How many young Christian married couples use contraception because "we can't afford children now"? And how many married Christian couples have unwittingly subscribed to the Zero Population Growth ideal of exactly two children per couple? Did you know that surgical sterilization (tubal ligation) is the No. 1 form of birth control for American women? It's the "two and tie 'em" mentality: Have exactly two children, then get yourself surgically sterilized. . . .

Next thing you know, he'll be writing for Homiletic & Pastoral Review, or Ignatius Press, or some such...

8 comments:

Terry said...

No doubt. I kept waiting for him to start quoting Humanae Vitae or something.

Amy said...

On my last visit to my OB's office, we scheduled my c-section and they asked if I wanted a tubal ligation at the same time.

I was so nonplussed I had to look at my mom (who came with me for the earlier ultrasound) to try and comprehend what I was hearing.

I turned them down, but made a mental note to check that "No tubal ligation" is on my chart at the next (and every subsequent) appointment.

Adrienne said...

That was an excellent article from Stacy. I linked to it and also gave you full credit for being the person that led me to his blog several months ago. Thanks

GOR said...

I recall that Malcolm Muggeridge, before he became a Catholic, was a strong and vocal defender of Pope Paul VI and Humanae Vitae.

Given the opposition of many Catholics - clerical and lay - in 1968 and since, Our Lord's words about "not finding such faith in Israel" continue to be borne out in the world.

Dad29 said...

Excellent point, GOR.

Display Name said...

While we're talking teabagging's various meanings, I might alert you to Gor.

GOR said...

Yes John, I'm aware of, though I haven't read, John Norman's sci-fi novels about Gor. But I was GOR long before Norman started writing his novels - before there was an internet, or even PCs (think: Abacus...)

....:)

Dad29 said...

Well, GOR, I missed Abacus 101.

But I DID buy a Corvus calculator, when I was...ahhh...over 21 years of age.