Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ron Paul: Not Entirely Nuts

Yah, I know that Ron Paul has some....ahhhhh.....erratic opinions.

But here he has it dead-on:

We are at an economic dead-end and those in power are in denial. The truth is our economic problems are due to loose monetary policy, central economic planning, and the parasitic expenses of government. Unless we assess these problems honestly, we unfortunately have a long way to go until, like the junkie, we hit rock bottom

And that simile is correct, too.

HT: The McCain Who Did NOT Lose

6 comments:

Shoebox said...

There were many things I agreed with Paul on. He's one of the few who understand the overspending issue. I'd find myself nodding my head as he made point after point until invariably, he would take that hard turn and throw himself off the edge on something like the gold standard.

Goodie Good Stuff said...

Thanks for the awesome quotes and btw way Ron Paul has many very intelligent things to say. I was a Huckabee fan during the primaries, but always watching Paul.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

I'm not confident that having "real" money (something backed by more than "the full faith and credit of the United States) is a bad thing. Fiat money seems to be one of those things that IS the problem...or at least part of it.

Dad29 said...

Well, YAH, Deek.

There's no "there" there.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

No "there" at all.

Billiam said...

I've always liked Paul because he still believes in our Constitution, as well as the Federal Governments proper role.