Monday, September 08, 2008

Does "Muslim" Make a Difference?

Clay Cramer spots this. After review of the tape, it is less-than-damning.

OBAMA: Now, well, look. Listen. You and I both know that the minute that Governor Palin was forced to talk about her daughter, I immediately said that's off limits. And...

STEPHANOPOULOS: But John McCain said the same thing about questioning your faith.


OBAMA: And what was the first thing the McCain's campaign went out and did? They said, look, these liberal blogs that support Obama are out there attacking Governor Palin.


Let's not play games. What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come...


STEPHANOPOULOS: Christian faith.


OBAMA: ... my Christian faith. Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested...

Frankly, I don't care if Obamamamama professes to be Muslim or Christian.

But it should be one or the other, and I don't think that the Senator should be confused about which is which.

UPDATE: Here's the tape. It supports the contention that the remark was not claiming "Muslim" as O's faith--but rather as "what some people THINK is my faith...."

3 comments:

Other Side said...

I think it was your god, Ronald Reagan, who said something to the effect: "We'll begin bombing in five minutes."

Slips of the tongue happen. Pretty petty post.

J. Gravelle said...

It's even better when you hear the audio. They played it on AM570/WIND this morning, and if you get a chance, listen to it. I'm certain the audio clip will surface online today.

An aside: Firefox's spell checker suggests I replace "Barack" with "Barabbas"...

-jjg
DailyScoff.com

Billiam said...

OS, I have the sound file of that. It was a JOKE!