Sunday, September 07, 2008

Slip-Slidin' Lyin' Biden

Meet the Press. Brokaw asked the "....life begins..." question.

Biden:

I'd say, "Look, I know when it begins for me." It's a personal and private issue. For me, as a Roman Catholic, I'm prepared to accept the teachings of my church. But let me tell you. There are an awful lot of people of great confessional faiths--Protestants, Jews, Muslims and others--who have a different view.

1) Joe, when did murder become a "personal and private issue" in civilized society?

2) Joe, you DO know that all anti-abortion laws in the USA were passed by PROTESTANTS, don't you? (Except, possibly, in the State of Maryland.)

Show me just ONE "Muslim" who condones abortion. One Orthodox Jew who condones it.

....and I'll show you a heretic, Joe.

But Sancho is hardly finished...

There is a debate in our church, as Cardinal Egan would acknowledge, that's existed. Back in "Summa Theologia," when Thomas Aquinas wrote "Summa Theologia," he said there was no--it didn't occur until quickening, 40 days after conception.

....lying. He's hardly finished lying. TA never, ever, questioned whether abortion was murder (as the Didache held in the first century and as the Church has held ever since.) He merely debated about 'quickening,' which is a VERY different matter.

HT: Rocco

1 comment:

Grim said...

If anyone murders someone in my family, I'd be gratified if the state would let me regard it as a personal, private matter.

Maybe that's what he means.