Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Republican? Democrat?

Even Chesterton, a jolly old elf, figured it out...

NOW, I have not lost my ideals in the least my faith in fundamentals is exactly what it always was. What I have lost is my old childlike faith in practical politics. I am still as much concerned as ever about the Battle of Armageddon; but I am not so much concerned about the General Election. As a babe I leapt up on my mother's knee at the mere mention of it.

No; the vision is always solid and reliable. The vision is always a fact. It is the reality that is often a fraud.

As much as I ever did, I believe in Liberalism. But there was a rosy time of
innocence when I believed in Liberals
.

And GKC didn't have the Wisconsin "budget repair" bill to bolster that cynicism...

1 comment:

Rustler45 said...

The man who believes in himself the most is in Hanwell.