Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Nannies Abound

Jumped in the car, drove the kids to school. It was about 7:15 AM, full daylight, intermittent sunshine and clouds.

I'm eastbound, and noticed some bozo flashing his/her/its bright lights as they approach me in the westbound lane. Took a while to figure it out...

CAPITAL OFFENSE!!! I confess!!

I didn't turn on my headlights.

After all, when it's raining (or not, but COULD be) the Nannies want you to turn on your lights. Evidently they figure that a 6' wide, 12' long, 5' high object cannot be seen by mere mortals if there's a raindrop somewhere in the atmosphere.

That particular jackass could have been a Legislator, I suppose...

I left my lights off.

5 comments:

James Wigderson said...

Next time I'll zap you with my brights.

Anonymous said...

Maybe its because you were driving 50mph in the left lane, jackass.

Dad29 said...

Oh...never thought of that.

Next time I'll drive at 35 mph in the left lane, jackass.

Dad29 said...

Anony...the trackbacks on my counter are very good.

How're things at MU?

And anytime you're ready, let's do a drive-for-dollars. You'll wet your panties (pink or white) long before I do...

Dad29 said...

A few comments which came from a Marquette U address have been deleted.

Evidently children are allowed to graduate from grade school and go directly to college...