Sunday, October 30, 2005

"Scooter Who?"

Powerline's take on this is about right:

Having now read fifteen or twenty news stories about what a devastating blow the Lewis Libby indictment was to the administration, about how President Bush is "reeling" and the administration is "in turmoil," even "in crisis," and how Libby was a key and irreplaceable figure in the administration, whose departure is a serious blow because he played such a vital role, I couldn't help wondering: does anyone remember who Al Gore's chief of staff was when he was vice-president?

My guess is that the large majority of people who read these stories are asking themselves, "Scooter who?"

I will add that one of my college-student daughters also asked me "Harriet Who?" this weekend. That's OK--her current assignment is to graduate from college, not to waste time reading the MSM.

No comments: