Thursday, January 24, 2019

Catholics: Does This Sound Familiar?

I'm not a raving fan of Dreher, who irrationally apostatized.  But apostasy is irrational per se, so....at least he didn't depart because he wanted serial monogamy, as is the case with most of them.

Anyhow, he went to Europe to sell his books.

...What I heard from a number of Spaniards is that the leaders of the Church in their country are mostly weak men who don’t care about standing up to the leftist state, and who don’t care that many Catholic schools are morally and spiritually rotten. Note well: I did not investigate this myself; I am just telling you what I heard over and over. And not just schools: in the Q&A at my talk in Barcelona, a man stood up and said, in English, that I ought to send a case of my book to the Benedictines living in the historic Catalan monastery of Montserrat. I forget his exact words, but it was something to the effect of “they’ve totally lost their way.”

Same thing in Ireland. Not only are the Catholics I talked to furious at their bishops for the abuse scandal, but they regard them as weak men who have been thoroughly intimidated by the post-Christian Irish elites....
Small comfort to know that we are not alone.  I've heard from reliable people that Italy is in the same place, and Germany is far, far, far, worse; think Cdls. Kasper and Marx....

Eh.  Ora et labora, same as before, and it will be the same in 500 years....

No comments: