Monday, January 07, 2019

Are We Here to Benefit Israel?

Something smells pretty bad here, and the smell is spelled "R-U-B-I-O". 

He has introduced S.B. 1, which gives.....

....state and local governments explicit legal authority to boycott any U.S. companies which themselves are participating in a boycott against Israel. As the Intercept reported last month, 26 states now have enacted some version of a law to punish or otherwise sanction entities which participate in or support the boycott of Israel, while similar laws are pending in at least 13 additional states. Rubio’s bill is designed to strengthen the legal basis to defend those Israel-protecting laws from constitutional challenge....

I don't know anyone who explicitly boycotts Israeli goods.  I certainly don't.  However, I do my damndest to purchase American-made goods over ChiCom-made goods.

But under the terms of this bill, (changing only the name of the country),  that kind of purchasing philosophy would be illegal.

As Vox puts it:

....this outrageous, infuriating, disgusting attempt to literally FORCE Americans to economically submit to the Israeli economy makes me want to put every single God-damned Neo-Palestinian on a boat tomorrow. And I am pretty sure I know exactly where those Americans who are less well-inclined to Israel will want to put them....
Obviously, "The Stupids" are not confined to GunGrabbers (see below post.)

No comments: