Friday, January 09, 2009

Failures and Lying About Failures

Headless missed a bit of the BCS game.

All I get on my TV for the BCS Championship Game is a pregame freeze frame of Tim Tebow. All my other channels work, just not FOX. This is the same on two separate television sets.

A call to Charter (1-888-GET-CHARTER) resulted in me being told that it was a problem with my cable box...

Charter, of course, was simply lying.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that there are occasional system failures; stuff happens. What bothers me is that the typical first reaction from customer "service" is to lie.

This is what we're teaching those corporate dweebs fresh out of college?

1 comment:

Prosqtor said...

Time-Warner (WLUK) up here did the same thing.

Was it Big Fox's problem? I assumed it was my local affiliate who lost the HD signal. But I'm quick to blame the local affiliate.

;)