Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Reich of California

One hesitates to put this where Wisconsin legislators can read it. In a discussion of California's new building code (Title 24), Joe Somsel finds the advent of Winston Smith's home country:

What should be controversial in the proposed revisions to Title 24 is the requirement for what is called a "programmable communicating thermostat" or PCT. Every new home and every change to existing homes' central heating and air conditioning systems will required to be fitted with a PCT beginning next year following the issuance of the revision. Each PCT will be fitted with a "non-removable " FM receiver that will allow the power authorities to increase your air conditioning temperature setpoint or decrease your heater temperature setpoint to any value they chose. During "price events" those changes are limited to +/- four degrees F and you would be able to manually override the changes. During "emergency events" the new setpoints can be whatever the power authority desires and you would not be able to alter them.

In other words, the temperature of your home will no longer be yours to control. Your desires and needs can and will be overridden by the state of California through its public and private utility organizations. All this is for the common good, of course

It's no wonder that Californicate officials are gun-grabbers...

HT: Moonbattery

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nearly asked if anything could be more Orwellian, but then I realized that many Orwellian idea's, are probably being considered by the California legislature. But it's become a liberally morphed Orwell not-so-brave new world that we are entering in to.
No government funded health care for you if you SMOKE.
But engaging in GAY MALE sex is OK.
Having our National Security Agencies look into INTERNATIONAL INCOMING phone calls from known or suspected Terrorists is bad.
But, You wanting to cool your house beyond the ORWELL allowed temperature is AUTOMATICALLY and IMMEDIATELY reported, not ONLY to the authorities, but, government licensed UTILITIES are required to STOP YOU.....AND/OR....REPORT YOU.
But it's ok, because it's all for the good of the ANIMAL FARM.
Can I buy CARBON CREDITS, that allow me to cool my house below the ORWELL limits??
Can Al Gore have his Gulfstream V jets, cool the cabin lower than the ORWELL STANDARD??
Of course he can. He'll buy a COOLING CREDIT from himself, and some family in GHANA, will agree not to COOL their grass hut for a year.
And all is well in Liberal America.

Amy said...

This is insane. Have you contacted Michelle Malkin and the like?

This is absolute nuttery. What's next? Timers on showers so you don't use too much water? Automatic toilet paper dispensers?

These people are insane.

Anonymous said...

Who was it that said 2 sheets per poop or pee?

The Badgerland Conservative said...

That was Sheryl Crow with her one square of toilet paper.

Anonymous said...

I never worry about these leftist kooks. I'm from the Al Gore school.
In fact, let me tell you about a little idea I had recently.
"INFIDELITY CREDITS"
Yes, that's right. "Infidelity credits".
We all know that many marriages end in divorce, and far too many divorces are caused by "infidelity".
NOT ANYMORE DEAR FRIENDS.
I've approached 3 of my best friends. Each of these friends has been my pal in excess of 30 years. I've paid each of them 100 Gore units, NOT TO CHEAT ON THEIR SPOUSE. YES!! I've given each of them 100 Gore units worth of "INFIDELITY CREDITS".
PROBLEM SOLVED.
I'm can now cheat with impunity, because I've bought "INFIDELITY CREDITS". My "INFIDELITY FOOTPRINT" or other appendage print, has been rendered NEUTRAL!!!
If Al Gore can RAPE MOTHER EARTH, while paying others not to.
Why can't I get a little NOOGGIE on the side, so long as I pay others not to.
Well, gotta go, I've got to drive my Prius to one of my buddies house, his wife is home alone, and she didn't recieve any of my "infidelity credits", so she's fair game.
She can cheat, but her husband can't.
Right Al???

Anonymous said...

jp, to answer your question.
1 square for #1, peeing.
2 squares for #2, Pooping.
(men are prohibited from using 1 square for peeing, unless they can show the government proof of non-circumcision. (for health reasons)
1 for #1.
2 for #2.

Oh, and don't think we won't AUDIT your CHARMIN.
We will. We're the government, and we're your friend.
Will this policy have any effect on water wasted during more vigorous HAND WASHINGS????
Will restaurant and food workers be exempt from the 2 squares rule?