- The DA's office fails to charge a felon with auto theft, and the felon goes on to kill another individual.
- The Milwaukee PD dismisses an auto-theft complaint, telling the complainants that it was likely some 'boyfriends' who snatched the car after a night of carousing.
- The Milwaukee PD is unable/unwilling to protect a woman who steps forward to inform the cop-shop about an armed robbery.
- Callers to Jeff Wagner's show tell similar stories about police "investigations."
- LEO's from other communities tell similar stories about the Milwaukee DA's office.
One suspects that these cases are only the tip of the iceberg. Is it the case that Law and Order in Milwaukee is now only available on Cable TV?
At what point in time will there be a critical-mass psychology transformation in place which will drive City residents toward 'taking care of the problems' by themselves, (given that most City residents can't simply pack up and move)?
Sure, this is anecdotal--for the time being, anyway.
If I were McCann('t) and Hegarty, I'd have the flacks working 24/7 on "it's the COURTS, stupid!" stories.
Of course, that completes the Iron Triangle. The DA won't charge; the cops won't investigate and/or protect, and the Courts issue "remember bench" punishments.
To repeat: at what point in time will vigilantism become the inexorable conclusion for residents who can't take it anymore?