Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Biden May Be an OK Guy, After All

Sounds like Joe Biden's working on rehabbing his image.

...And I still have my 1967 Goodwood-green Corvette, 327, 350-horse, with a rear-axle ratio that really gets up and goes. The Secret Service won’t let me drive it. I’m not allowed to drive anything. It’s the one thing I hate about this job. I’m serious.

C/D: Any cars recently zing you?

JB: My brother has one of those 556-hp [CTS-V] Cadillacs with a manual. He brought it down for me to eat my heart out. So I got in. I have a driveway that’s about 1700 feet long. I knew the Secret Service wouldn’t let me drive it outside. So I jumped on that sucker and laid rubber. A great feeling. That thing could probably beat my Corvette.  --Zippers quoting Car/Driver

Maybe he should limit his talking to venues like Car/Driver or Motor Trend, eh?

1 comment:

Tim Morrissey said...

Well, well, well...the VP and I finally DO have something in common. I had the same make/model/engine 'Vette...but I "lost" it, along with five other collector muscle-cars in a divorce in 1995. I feel the Veep's pain.

BTW, that Caddy CTS-V would wax the 65 Vette's tailfeathers 10 times out of 10 in ANY contest of performance.