Friday, June 17, 2011

RussRuss Busy in Minnesota

Well, well. Seems that RussRuss is still the Progressive icon--and in the Feingold telling, Obozo's Too Damn Conservative (!!?)

Former Wisconsin senator Russ Feingold said he hoped that Obama will be re-elected, but he urged the president to stand up to corporate interests, demanding that the Supreme Court’s Citizens United ruling become a focal point of the 2012 campaign.

“Sometimes we have to be very direct with the Democratic Party. Just as you have long pushed our Democrats to stand up for their ideals, I’m here this evening to ask you to redouble your efforts because I fear that the Democratic Party is in danger of losing its identity,” Feingold said in his keynote address to a crowd of around 2,400 progressive activists and bloggers here at the Minneapolis Convention Center, the most ever for the event.

...Feingold ripped Priorities USA, a super political action committee started last spring by former White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton. ...We’ll lose our soul when it comes to the issue of corporate domination. People will see us as weak. People will see us as corporate-lite. We’ll gut our message. I think it’s not just wrong, I think it’s a dumb strategy. It’s dumb because people will not believe us if we do this, so I strongly disagree with those who are trying to create these PACs. I know people want to win. I understand that. I like to win, too. And I know that today’s Republican party has found more ways to play dirty,...

"Play dirty"? You mean "using the (D) playbook", don't you, RussRuss?

1 comment:

Badger Catholic said...

Sounds like a perfect candidate to teach at a Catholic college.