Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"I Lost My Home"

Here's a long essay from an ex-Obama speechwriter.

There are a couple of lines which are significant:

Perhaps this is why I found the initial mocking of Joe so offensive and I realized an old line applied: “I didn’t leave the Democratic Party; the Democratic Party left me.”

The party I believed in wouldn’t look down on working people under any circumstance. And Joe the Plumber is right. This is the absolutely worst time to raise taxes on anyone: the rich, the middle class, the poor, small businesses and corporations.

That's the clincher, although her take-away isn't bad, either:

When people say how excited they are about this election, I can now say, “Maybe for you. But I lost my home.”

According to Charlie, Obama has now told us that tax-increases will hit those earning $75K.

She won't be the ONLY one to lose her home.

4 comments:

capper said...

Your first mistake was taking anything Sykes says seriously.

Anonymous said...

According to Charlie... Enough said as you say.

Amy said...

Your first mistake was taking anything Sykes says seriously.

And your mistake is believing The One gives a crap about middle and lower-income folk.

His "tax breaks" are a lie, pure and simple.

Anonymous said...

So this is all Charlies fault?

TerryN