Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wiggy! Yorkie! Fraley!! Tell Us You Got One!

From the email:

Microsoft Corp.'s efforts to woo influential bloggers by sending them free computers loaded with the Vista operating system is generating controversy, with some online writers attacking would-be Vista reviewers for taking what were tantamount to bribes, while recipients defend their editorial independence, arguing that journalism-style rules prohibiting such gifts are outdated.

In total, Microsoft and AMD gave away 90 PCs, all loaded with the highest-end version of Windows Vista, the 64-bit Ultimate edition. Most received Acer Ferrari laptops that list for between $2,000 and $2,400 at retail stores. Others received media center desktops made by Velocity Micro Inc

For that matter, maybe I should have answered that call which was ID'd as coming from Seattle on my callerID.

Drat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't suffer such scrupulosity either. Where was my call? I would love to have a $3000 system rather than $650 home system.

Anonymous said...

My Windows ME desktop is beginning to exhibit signs of senility, with no money to replace it --- I'd really love to accept one of those lovely laptops, too!

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for Microsoft to call. I have no qualms.