Friday, July 28, 2017

We Are All Charlie Gard Due to John McCain

And, like Charlie Gard, we will all die at the behest of the State, and at the place and time the State directs.

It reminds me.  I have something for John McCain.  It was written about Julius Caesar, by the man who killed him.  This is a bit premature, of course.

Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more. Had you rather Caesar were living and die all slaves, than that Caesar were dead, to live all free men? As Caesar loved me, I weep for him; as he was fortunate, I rejoice at it; as he was valiant, I honour him: but, as he was ambitious, I slew him

There is tears for his love; joy for his fortune; honour for his valour; and death for his ambition. 

Who is here so base that would be a bondman? If any, speak; for him have I offended.
 

Who is here so rude that would not be a Roman? If any, speak; for him have I offended. 

Who is here so vile that will not love his country? If any, speak; for him have I offended. 

I pause for a reply.

Yes, well.  Who here is so base.....so rude....so vile....?  I pause for a reply.

No comments: