Monday, July 30, 2012

A Problem in Appleton

Squish alert:

Rep. Dean Kaufert’s dalliance with liberal ideas doesn’t stop with his vote against collective bargaining reform, the signature accomplishment of his fellow legislative Republicans and Governor Scott Walker. It runs the gamut from attacking social conservatives after the 2010 election, to supporting ObamaCare and calling for a state-run dental health insurance program...

Little Lord Fauntelroy also has problems with "social legislation."

...Roughly a month before Republicans took control of the legislative and executive branches of state government, Kaufert expressed his opposition to any socially conservative legislation that might be proposed. Telling an AP reporter in December of 2010, “I’m a little nervous” about any bills dealing with abortion or other social issues,...

And he's a dirtball-thrower:

...Rep. Dean Kaufert (R) is alleged to have started a whisper campaign about his primary opponent. At the heart of the controversy is a police report from 2007 that documents a verbal altercation between Kaufert’s opponent Jay Schroeder, and Schroeder’s wife, Rebekah. The couple is still together, but mysteriously the report has been anonymously mailed to a number of Schroeder’s political supporters....

Maybe it's time for a cleanup in the Assembly, eh?

3 comments:

Billiam said...

Pro(re)gressives. Not just in the Democrat party for more than a century.

Jeremy in Neenah said...

I've had to plug my nose and vote for Kaufert the last three elections because his opponent has been a very liberal local union leader. As much as I do not appreciate Kaufert, I couldn't stomach Westphal.

Two things I know about Shroeder; 1-he hasn't gotten any message out to us as I do not know a thing he stands for or about, 2-he has run and lost several positions in the last few years worth of elections (town board, town supervisor, county board, etc.). This is his first time running in a district I vote in, but I'll admit to be prejudicial to the fact that he just keeps running. Something scares me about someone who wants to be a politician so badly they don't care in which capacity.

Either way, Kaufert is a tough opponent with decades of experience from the City Council to his current position.

Anonymous said...

Hello: Please check out my website www.jayschroederforassembly.com.
I run for office because I care about the direction our government is taking us in. My opponent voted against ACT 10, voted for Obamacare. I propose to cut the state income tax rates 10% across the board. The majority of job creators(small businesses) pay the individual income tax rate. Cut taxes creat job. Thanks