Thursday, July 15, 2010

Salmonella Snorting

Now and then one has a bit of fun.

My dearly-beloved mentioned that she'd purchased a gob of salad-fixin's and set about preparing and munching down a dinner salad last night.

At the same time, the local news broadcast told us that a salmonella breakout had occurred in Kenosha County.

She asked what was the cause of the outbreak, and (of course) I said 'salad fixings from Grocery-Store X' (where she bought her dinner.)

There was a long pause in the chewing before she asked me if I was kidding. That question was inflected with "PLEASE say you're KIDDING" all over it.

So, yah, I told her I was kidding.

It's hard to get French dressing out of khaki shorts, you know.

2 comments:

Tim Morrissey said...

Sounds like the sorta thing I'd do to the Mrs.

Badger Catholic said...

LOL