Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Contrast in Pastors

The statements of Rev. Wright have been noticed--and so were the statements of Rev. Hagee. Hagee was accused of making some mighty nasty remarks about Catholicism.

Here's what HE has to say about that.

"...Many in the media have mistakenly accepted characterizations of my statements which simply are not true. I never called the Catholic Church the "anti-Christ" a "false cult system" “the apostate church” or the “great whore” of Revelations. This is a serious misinterpretation of my words. When I use these terms, I am referring to those Christians who ignore the Gospels and embrace the false doctrines of Jew-hatred and anti-Semitism.Throughout my career I have been a strong critic of Christian anti-Semitism. I have consistently criticized all Christians – Protestant and Catholic alike – for the sin of anti-Semitism.

"...I have repeatedly praised the “righteous works” of Catholics such as Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict in rejecting anti-Semitism and taking historic steps to reconcile with the Jewish people. I have always had great love for Catholic people and great respect for the Catholic Church and hope this statement sets the record straight."

No such disavowal from Rev. Wright. In fact, there's another contrast: McCain, who was endorsed by Hagee, strongly condemned "anti-Catholic" remarks (even if they were not made by Hagee.)

In contrast, Obabmamamamamamama 'splained how Rev. Wright was, more or less, correct, except for possibly the times when Obamamamamamma didn't hear what the Rev may or may not have stated--and then launched into a "typical white folks" deflection-mode.

HT: Gerald

No comments: