Sunday, August 13, 2006

He Just Made a Mistake!

This fellow Donovan Riley really believes in elections.

So he votes twice in the same one?

The complaint by All Children Matter, a proponent of private school vouchers, cites documents that suggest that Riley, a 69-year-old former CEO of the University of Illinois Hospital, voted twice in the 2000 general election, once in Chicago and then again in Oconomowoc. A well-heeled liberal Democrat, Riley is running a vigorous primary campaign against state Sen. Jeff Plale, a conservative Dem from South Milwaukee.

Of course there's an explanation.

Late Friday, Riley offered this stunning written response to the charges:

"My best recollection is that I was splitting my time between Wisconsin and Illinois, and it's possible I made a mistake. If the Elections Board decides to look into this matter, I will gladly assist."

Stuff happens, right?

No comments: